Thursday, July 25, 2019

How i escaped beating this morning!

Ever had to check your bag,wallet or purse at the verge of making payment, only to find out you left your money right on your bed 2minutes before you stepped out of the house?

It happened to me !

I had ransacked my bag in search of the 1,000notes I recently withdrew from the ATM. Ladies and Gentlemen, I left the money on my bed.
My head was spinning
What would i do?
What Scene should I put up?

Should i just tell the conductor the truth?
...
Owo da?
Eeeerm, Please I forgot the money at home.
You say?
I am usually not like this. Am a law abiding citizen christian siste...
Ogbeni! Give me my money or else I go whoz you slap
....

I had rehearsed different scenarios in my head. I imagined him flinging me into the water when we got the third mainland bridge to dragging down my wig . Abi i should just beg one passenger to pay for me . Chai. I would now become like those fine bara people.☹️

My Village people had probably deliberated my matter overnight and the verdict was that 'One Lagos Conductor will deal with her'.

What do I do o? Let me search again. I mused.

I searched. I only fished out 2 10naira note.
By this time, i was starting to sweat and my tummy started rumbling.
I mean, even my tummy knew this was it!

Aunty
Aunty wa.

I felt a tap on my shoulder.
Who is this one bayi. I turned and saw him.

 A church member

Ha, Goodmorning o
Goodmorning. I saw you when you came in.
Eya, I did not see you o.
I know, Dont bother paying, I have paid for both of us.
Oh, you shouldnt have bothered o
chai, thank you Jesus. See early morning miracle
No o, I insist. Please let me pay for you
Ok then. If you insist then. Thank you

Am at work now thanking God for sending that Church member to me this morning. My colleagues don't know how I narrowly escaped been beating this early mo mo on the streets of Lagos.

Is our God not faithful?

P.S Nobody should ask me if that church member is a fine boy or not.Something just tells me he is stark single and have sent him a thank you note 4times already. He might end up paying more than transport fare eventually o. Did you say Bride Price? πŸ˜ƒ




Ever discovered you had forgotten your money at home at the verge of paying a conductor. Please shareπŸ˜ƒ


8 comments:

  1. Are you sure you werent slapped because i seem to recall you cming to work with a swollen cheek. Good write up mama, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swollen cheeks were probably cheeks of gratitude-😊

      Thank you for the feedback.

      Delete
  2. loool….. yu were so lucky... the day such happnd to me ie..getting to d ATM nd it was out of service... I used by leg-benz for 1hr... Cos I am not ready to start telling stories that touches the heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chai! Thank God for Leg-Benz. Saving lives since 1900😊

      Delete
  3. This is such a good read. I can legit relate to this story and I found the Yoruba expressions funny and appropriate. Good job babe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray never to find myself in this situation. I will hold my own meeting for my village people ni.
    Nice read

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please call me to write the minutes of the meeting😁

      Thank you for the feedback

      Delete